A new roof can provide your home with much-needed protection and aesthetic appeal. However, the residential roof installation/replacement process can seem overwhelming, especially if you’re not familiar with the steps involved.
For a free roofing estimate, call us at 956-431-0251.
This page will provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions about your home’s roofing.
Types of Residential Roofing Material
- Asphalt shingles: Asphalt shingles are the most common type of residential roofing material. They are durable, cost-effective, and easy to install.
- Metal roofing: Metal roofing is a popular choice for homes in areas with severe weather, such as hurricanes or tornadoes. It is durable, fire-resistant, and energy-efficient.
- Tile roofing: Tile roofing is a long-lasting option that adds a touch of sophistication to any home. It is available in a variety of colors and styles.
Importance of Hiring a Professional Roofing Contractor
When it comes to residential roof installation and roof replacement, it’s essential to hire professionals with the skills and experience necessary to complete the job correctly. Some of the benefits of working with professional installers include:
- Quality workmanship: Professional installers have the skills and experience necessary to ensure that your roof is installed correctly, which will help to extend its lifespan.
- Safe installation/replacement: Installing or replacing a roof can be dangerous, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the proper techniques. Professional installers have the necessary training and equipment to ensure that the installation and replacement processes are safe and efficient.
- Warranty protection: Most professional installers offer a warranty on their workmanship, which will protect you in the event of any problems with your roof.
Residential Roof Installation & Roof Replacement Process
The residential roof installation and roof replacement process typically involves the following steps:
- Inspection: A professional roofer from our staff will inspect your home to determine the best course of action for your roofing needs.
- Removal of old roofing: If necessary, the old roofing material will be removed to make way for the new roof.
- Preparation of the roof deck: The roof deck will be prepared to ensure a smooth and level surface for the new roof.
- Installation of underlayment: A layer of underlayment will be installed to provide a barrier between the roof deck and the new roofing material.
- Installation of the new roofing material: The new roofing material will be installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions and local building codes.
- Cleanup: Once the residential roof installation is complete, the area will be cleaned up to ensure that there is no debris left behind.